Carpetweed is a late germinating, multi branched summer annual weed.
- Smooth leaves forming circular patches that can be several feet in diameter lying flat on the ground.
- Leaves form in whorls of 3-8 at each node.
- Blooms are white flowers in clusters of 2-5.
- Late season fruits with small egg like capsule containing orange to red seeds.
Article and image courtesy of Bonide Products Inc.
Agway recommends the following solutions for control and prevention:
- A post-emergent herbicide application is best achieved when plants are actively growing.
| || || || |
|Agway Greenlawn Weed Control & Fertilizer ||Agway KleenUp||Bonide Weed Beater|
Be sure to check back to www.agway.com for more information, projects and tips. Visit your local Agway where you'll find everything you need, year-round, for your home, lawn, garden, farm, pet and wild birding needs. Each Agway location is independently owned and operated and as such products and pricing vary by store.